Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I'm working--not really--just here.

So, I kept the girls (Riley, 5 and Kaylin, 22mo) on Sat. I managed to safely travel to wal-mart, shop (for 1 hr), get the necessary things, run with the 5yo while carrying the 22 mo old to the bathroom, cover the automatic flusher while we are all squeezed into one stall (not the handicapped) so the 5 yo doesn't freak out, actually find the full buggy where I left it, check out, AND load the kids and the bags without either getting run over or forgotten. Whew!!! I was slightly nervous, but I didn't have kid food at the house so I had to go. Thankfully I didn't lose or hurt them!!! I would have died!! However Kaylin was thirsty at this point, no juice(diarrhea), so I had bought Sprite for Riley and water for Kaylin--While pouring the water into the sippy cup, I dumped the sippy cup of water all over Kaylin (I don't have the 24 hands and arms moms have). She had to ride the whole way to my house with a soaked jacket, pants and carseat. We would have gone to the park, but the wind was throwing me around, so we went back to my house. In 5 minutes, there were the small amount of toys at my house, all over my small living room.... I had peanut butter and jelly all over me--i had to cut the crusts off. Anyway, it was great fun until time for Kaylin's nap. She calls me "Nana". She got so mad at me "Nana No, Nana NO," over and over until she fell asleep in my arms, twisted like a pretzel. Riley found the bassinet full of stuffed aminals and played vet with each one..... Hondo got back from Anderson, SC about 445/5pm and we were still going strong. I had to watch BARNEY TWICE!!! It was a good day. I fixed pizza for dinner with a salad and fruit...they didn't like the pizza--they picked it out. So I made peanut butter and jelly again. Amazingly returned them to "Mimi's" (Amber's mom) house in one piece and happy around 630p. Went to the Brick Oven (k-ville) for dinner with Hondo, came home, cleaned up the toy vomit(toy eruption covering the whole downstairs of my tiny house) !!!! Was in bed by 1030p.

Up at 545a with one hour less sleep due to Daylight savings drove to Baptist to work. Got report on my patients...... RAN to the bathroom to puke......talked to my research boss and the nurses......RAN to the bathroom and puked.....Told the charge nurse I had to GO!!!(645a-815a). Dry heaved all the way home....passed out on the couch. 2ND time in 3.75 years I didn't work due to illness (not that I haven't been sick before). Who knows what it was? Food? Daycare germs from the kids? just a bug? I'm better now, that's all that matters.

I am very proud of taking care of the two---I did better than I expected--I didn't forget anyone, there weren't any "accidents", I fed them both and they ate, they were clean and happy when they left. I'd say that was a pretty good job. (Will post pics when I get some, I don't have a fancy camera like the rest of you!!!)

3 comments:

The Mom said...

yeah for you Anna.! You had fun.and i bet they wore you out.But they love ya!

Unknown said...

Haha! Better you than me. Doesn't sound like something I want to take on for quite a while... hehe...

merrymerry said...

If you keep baby sitting you'll never have kids of your own.It is very effective birth control.It sounds like you had it under control. Hope you feel better.